All-On-4 Teeth replacement treatment is the best in its class for patients needing full restoration of the upper or lower arch. This is an excellent solution for patients with no teeth or have teeth that are soon to be lost. The All-On-4 treatment involves implanting 4 (or 6: All-On-6”) dental implants to the upper or lower jaw “arch” that
Of all full-arch replacement options available, All-On-4 implants provide the most natural-looking and highest functioning option in its field.
Why should you choose All-On-4 dental implants?
- The All-On-4 treatment is less costly when compared to other implanting methods, as only 4 implants are needed per arch, as opposed to upward of 10.
- All-inclusive upfront costs gain you the certainty of All-On-4 treatment. NSOMS will give you a quote during your initial consultation and this will be unchanging, even if there are additional treatments required!
You'll See Immediate Results (Immediate Loading)
- A temporary bridge will be fitted on the day of the surgery, meaning you can have your smile back from day one!
- Due to the posterior implants being tilted to use existing bone, bone grafting is highly unlikely, meaning a faster process toward your permanent smile!
- Your All-On-4 implants are surgically screwed into your jawbone. If you keep up with caring for your teeth and dental visits, you’ll find that these teeth are with you for life. Studies tracked from 1998 there is a 94.8-98.0% success rate if properly cared for!
Start to Finish: All-On-4 Dental Procedure
- Consultation and CT Scan. You will meet with our capable NSOMS specialist team who will take X-Rays, Intra-Oral Scan and a Cone Beam CT scan. From these images, your specialist surgeon will use our incredible software to get an overview of your upcoming dental procedure, including determining the right implant sizes for your jaw and lowering the risk of damaging any major nerves.
- A date will be booked for your surgery and a pre-surgery care plan will be given to you to minimise infection and to maximise your knowledge about your upcoming surgery.
All-On-4 Surgical Procedure
Did you know: NSOMS is the only oral surgery in Auckland that offers in-house general anaesthetic as a sedation option. As the surgery can be several hours (between 90 minutes to 2 hours per arch), this is an increasingly desirable option!
- Under IV sedation or general anaesthetic, any teeth that need to be removed in order to complete your All-on-4 surgery will be extracted. Any problem areas (infection, decay or disease) will be treated and disinfected.
- Your 4 implants will be surgically inserted accordingly into the affected arches. The two posterior implants (either side at the back of your mouth) are tilted 45degrees, avoiding bone grafting or damage to the jawbone.
- Your implants will be aligned to work with both your accessible jawbone and the permanent dental prosthetic which will complete your new smile.
- A temporary prosthetic bridge will be attached by a prosthodontist until your bone has grown around your implants and until your implants have healed. The healing process will be followed up on to ensure everything is healthy before the final step.
- 4-6 months after your surgery, your provisional bridge will be removed and your permanent prosthetics will be screwed into your implants, secured in with a strong dental glue which will stabilise your new teeth.
- After your All-On-4 implant surgery, you may have up to 5-10 day period of bruising and swelling. Painkillers, ice, rest, and soft food will help you recover quickly. Follow our care plan to minimise pain and post-surgical risk.
- Check-ups between 1-day and 4-months may be needed before your implants are at maximum strength and function. This will differ per individual case.
- 4 - 6 months from surgery your permanent implants will be fully integrated.
Ensure your oral surgeon gives you the all-clear before you tuck into any hard or particularly chewy food. We want you to have the best long-term results!
How to Care for your All on 4 Dental Treatment
Your NSOMS surgical team will teach you how to care for your new smile!
- You will require specialised dental tools to optimise cleaning to help your implants last as long as possible.
- You will need to schedule regular check-ups to ensure your oral hygiene is at its best. Remember, once your biological teeth are removed, it is harder for your teeth to fight off infection as your All-On-4 implants, although realistic, are not a living organism like real teeth.
The results of All-On-4 dental implants can improve your health, well-being and quality of life. It is the leading implant technology in its class; minimally invasive, financially competitive, and producing an organic-looking replica of real teeth, giving you the chance for the smile of your dreams.
For quotes, queries, and to book your next consultations, ring NSOMS today!